I’ve written before about the reasons to quit drinking alcohol, and outlined 5 things that will improve when you quit drinking alcohol. In case that didn’t convince you, here are a bunch more reasons to hammer the point home, and inspire you to decide to quit!
After reading this, you might want to read How to Quit Drinking Alcohol for a nice overview on how to quit. So, with that being said, here are 30 Great Reasons to Quit Drinking Alcohol:
1. You will immediately start having more money. It’s a great feeling to see a bunch of cash every time you open your wallet, especially when it’s more than you thought you had! That’s money you WOULD HAVE thrown away on booze, but instead you’ll be able to use it to buy something nice, pay off some debt, or just save for a rainy day.
2. Your brain will begin to heal. Once you quit drinking, that “foggy” feeling in your brain will slowly but surely go away. If you have been heavily drinking for many years, as many of us have, you may have forgotten that wonderful feeling of being able to think clearly and deeply.
3. Your liver will begin to rejuvenate. Your liver will begin to repair itself in as little as two months, and you’ll notice a dramatic improvement in your skin, as well as your vision. Many people report that their mood or outlook on life seems better, as well!
4. You will no longer need to hide the evidence of drinking from your family. Gone are the days when you will need to hide the booze in a drawer or back shelf, or an empty liquor bottle at the bottom of the trash bag. You know that deep down you felt guilty when you were doing that, and now you don’t need to any longer. You’ve nothing to hide because you’re not ashamed!
5. Your spouse or significant other will have a new-found respect for you. Just imagine the approving looks of your spouse as he or she gazes at you, both impressed and joyous that you’ve overcome that alcohol problem. They will admire you for your accomplishment, and you will be rightfully proud!
(Tip: The more reasons you have for doing something, the easier it will be to accomplish!)
6. Your face will begin to clear up, and your complexion will show dramatic improvement. Sometimes we forget how we USED to look when we didn’t drink, and how much our facial features have deteriorated from drinking. Get used to hearing “you look great” from your family and friends!
7. All the little aches and pains throughout your body will slowly but surely go away. Alcohol magnified those little aches because it was constantly robbing your body of the necessary nutrients by preventing vitamin absorption. Without alcohol in the way those aches and pains will soon be a thing of the past!
8. You will never again have to face a hangover. The joy of waking up sober is one you will never tire of. No headaches, nausea or general sickness, but a renewed energy and zest for life. This is definitely one of the better reasons to quit drinking alcohol!
9. You will start feeling remarkably better within just a couple of days. You will have a renewed energy and vitality, and you pleasantly surprised at how good that feels. Your body and mind will both feel like they’ve been given a second chance, and they have!
10. You will stop hating yourself for wasting money. Say goodbye to that “sick feeling” over how much money you wasted on booze. The best part, besides being happy with your self-control, is that can spend that new-found money on something else MORE valuable, or even save it for that special item you’ve always wanted to have in your life!
11. Your natural energy will slowly but surely return. Within just a few weeks you’ll find that you’re sleeping soundly and awakening more refreshed. You no longer will have to struggle to overcome the previous night’s drinking, nor rely on caffeine to make it through the day.
12. You will no longer worry about having a supply of booze. Gone will be the days of worrying about how much alcohol you have, or if the store is still open, or if you have enough for the night, or if you have enough money to buy some. You will be free from that worry!
13. Your sex life will improve immensely. Every aspect of your love life will be deeper, stronger, better – and much more fulfilled. Without alcohol in the way, you will be more passionate than you’ve ever been, and this is one of the more enjoyable reasons to quit drinking!
14. You will be more refreshed in the morning. Even if you’re the type of person who enjoys hitting the snooze button, you’ll be amazed at how much better you feel when you awake. That feeling will be the new norm, as you no longer will have alcohol holding you back!
15. You won’t miss work due to drinking. There will be no need to lie to your boss about why you can’t make it in. Or, if you really hate your job, you will now have the time and energy to go out looking for a NEW job. And by being sober you’ll also look great at that new job interview!
(Tip: Add YOUR reasons to this list to make it even more powerful!)
16. Your friends will admire you for having the strength to quit. Not only will they admire you for not drinking, but you will be a good example to them as they try to improve their lives as well!
17. You will stop wasting time sitting at a bar. No longer will you pathetically sit at a bar with other addicts gossiping about meaningless events. Instead, you will be out DOING things with your life!
18. Your five senses will return better than ever. As you begin to sober up you’ll find that your vision and hearing has improved. Food begins to taste and smell better than it has in years, and every little touch will mean more than it ever seemed to!
19. People will tell you how much better you look. Family, friends and coworkers will not only start telling you how much healthier you look, but they’ll be curious about how you did it! If you’re single, you’ll find a renewed interest from that special guy or girl you’ve always liked! Feels nice, doesn’t it?
20. You will no longer feel trapped by an addiction. The feeling of freedom from alcohol will be hard to suppress. In effect, you will feel like you’ve just been released from prison. Also, speaking of prison, you will no longer need to have one eye in the rear-view mirror, constantly worrying whether the police might pull you for driving while intoxicated!
21. Nothing will come between you and your Creator. You will begin to appreciate the miracle of life, and the astonishing fact that YOU are alive. Every day will seem like a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the universe around you!
22. You will find joy in all the little things of life. Even little things like feeling the sun shine on your face, or taking a walk through the woods, or gazing up at the stars at night, will have joy all to themselves. Of all the reasons to quit drinking alcohol, this might be the best one!
23. Your family will love the new you. Every day your spouse and kids and loved ones will show their happiness with your lifestyle change. The “new you” will mean a lot to them!
24. You will feel better than you have in years. The sickness and tiredness that you’ve felt will be a thing of the past. You’ll have an overall “sense of well-being” as your mind, body and soul become healthier and stronger.
25. Your youthful exuberance for life will return. Alcohol will no longer be at the top of your daily list of priorities. Because of this, you will enjoy a renewed exuberance for doing things that you didn’t have the time, energy or money to do before.
(Tip: Write down your reasons for quitting, and put them in a place where you can see them every day!)
26. You will feel empowered with a new sense of self-worth. There is nothing like overcoming a major obstacle to make you feel proud and self-confident. Not only will this renewed sense of self-confidence make you feel better about your current situation, but it will be a powerful tool to help you as you go forward in life!
27. You will constantly smile and laugh. And this laughter will be genuine laughter, not the drunken stupidity of the past. This new-found humor of yours will also be contagious, and will be a magnet to draw friends and business associates to you!
28. You will realize how many blessings you have. The profound beauty of every little thing in your life will suddenly be made known to you. You will feel truly grateful as you count your many blessings every day!
29. You will be more optimistic about your future. As you begin to feel stronger and more healthy, you will have a renewed sense of optimism for the days ahead of you. Because you’re not wasting your time and money on booze, you’ll be able to see a world filled with endless possibilities.
30. You will happier than ever with your life. This feeling of happiness will be deeply felt, and founded on a healthy body and mind. Do yourself a favor and quit drinking alcohol. You’ll be glad you did.